Thursday, November 7, 2019

The case of Ghosn and institutional racism in the Japanese justice system

While I do not have any sympathy for white collar criminals, and it seems that Ghosn is probably guilty of some sort of financial crime, the treatment he has received at the hands of the Japanese authorities doesn't seem to meet the minimum requirements as equal before the law.

So, here is a recent newspaper article detailing how a former French ambassador and a renowned human rights attorney and attorney came to be handling his case. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/10/03/national/crime-legal/famed-french-lawyer-signals-shift-ghosns-defense-strategy/#.XcRBMzMzaHs

I have yet to begin telling my story, which is even more shocking in some respects. I believe that is why the office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights asked me to send the documents, which I intend to do at some point... 






No comments:

Post a Comment